This privacy statement explains the information collected as part of Vodafone Future Jobs Finder and how it is used. We take the privacy of our users very seriously. We ask that you read this privacy statement (‘Statement’) carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
Who we are
Personal data you provide to Future Jobs Finder is processed by Vodafone Group Services Ltd
as the data controller and cut-e
as our third party service provider, acting on Vodafone’s instructions. If you choose to enter into the “Behind the Spiderverse: Exploring the Inner Web of Film Production and Promotion” Competition (‘Competition
’), we may share your personal data with other Vodafone companies to help us manage the competition and companies who help us organise prizes.
or write to:
Global Privacy Team – Group Legal
Vodafone Group Services Limited
Your national Data Protection Authority is:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow - Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel. +44 1625 545 745
Using Future Jobs Finder as a guest
You can use Future Jobs Finder either as a guest or by creating an account after you have taken a quiz. If you don’t chose to create an account, we collect only limited data (your responses associated to a unique ID) and once you’ve ended your session by closing the browser, this data is deleted and is not retained. Alternatively, if you create an account after taking a quiz, the results will be stored on your account.
The data we collect
We collect the following types of information as part of the Future Jobs Finder service:
- Your identification information (such as your email address)
- Third party log in details (for example, if you choose to make an account with a third party log in, such as Facebook, we will receive confirmation and successful verification information)
- Questionnaire answers (your input into our questions and your liked and deleted job suggestions)
- Job relevance (based on data such as where you are located, your age and what your job history may be)
- Technical information (such as public IP address, time and date of access, how you navigate on our site, browser settings)
If you choose to enter into the Competition, we may collect:
- Contact details (including your name, telephone number and email address)
- Your image (including profile pictures, videos submitted during the competition)
- Travel booking information (including passport information, dietary needs)
- Social Media (including images, publicly available information)
What we do with your data
We process your personal data to provide you with the Future Jobs Finder service, which is the facilitation and successful delivery of our personality assessment and job recommendation service. Because of this, we rely on the performance of this service as our lawful basis to process your data. Therefore, if you do not wish for your data to be processed according to this Statement, we would not be able to provide you with this service.
The Future Jobs Finder service involves:
- Personality testing and questionnaires (the amount and extent to which you complete these tests is optional);
- Recommending your personal strengths based on the results of these tests;
- Providing links to appropriate training based on your assessment input;
- Providing links to an ongoing interactive job board based on your input; and
- Technical provision and optimisation of the service.
If you choose to enter the Competition, we will use your information to run the Competition and check your eligibility to enter it. Competition winners will need to provide personal data to allow us to book their travel arrangements and organise their work placements. Personal data we process about you is necessary to perform the Competition that you have entered into. We are also required by law to publish the details of the Competition winners. Entrants may be asked for additional consent to allow us to use their images, competition submissions and social media accounts in connection with our marketing campaigns.
How long we store your data
Your personal data will be stored for as long as you choose to continually use the Future Jobs Finder service, or for a period of 12 months after inactivity. We store your data for this period, in case you choose to revisit the service. If you wish to erase your personal data at any point before this, this option is available to you in your account settings.
Personal data relating to competition entrants will be stored for seven years after the Competition has ended. Personal data connected to competition winners will be stored for seven years after their prizes have been received.
You have a number of rights you can exercise over your personal data. To discuss these in more detail or to exercise them, please contact us via the details provided in the “Who we are” section at the top of this Statement.
- Access: You can request a copy of your information and details on how we have processed it.
- Rectification: If you believe the data we hold on you is inaccurate, you can request we update it.
- Erasure: You can request we delete your personal data if you no longer wish for us to process it.
- Restriction: If you wish for us to cease processing your data, you can request this.
- Portability: You can request a copy of your information to take to another company.
- Objection: You can object to us processing of your information, if we are processing it based on our legitimate interests, or in the context of direct marketing. Given we do not conduct these types of processing for Future Jobs Finder, this would not be applicable in this context.
Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit a website. The cookies mean that the website will remember you and how you've used the site every time you come back. Cookies themselves don't hold personal information such as your name or bank details. And in many cases, we won’t be able to link the information we collect by using a cookie back to you. They can, however, help us to find information once you're logged in or help us link your browsing information to you and your personal information, for example, when you choose to register for a service, white paper or newsletter.
Controlling Your Cookies
Generating unique IDs per browser
Measuring site use behaviour on an aggregate level
Used by core framework for authentication and anti-forgery
This cookie is used to serve you the cookie banner
Information on controlling and deleting cookies, including on a wide variety of browsers, is also available at allaboutcookies.org